nizzde

Missile not work good

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Missile not work well when is enemy ship close to me missiles not hit target only circling around ship

nizzde

Re: Missile not work good

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:16 pm

1 more problem with missiles if i shot 10 missiles after 2-3 sec some1 use EM Wave all missiles disappear

Macragge

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:25 pm

- if your ship got wrecked ingame, all missiles fired from your ship on the target instantly disappear
- as nizzde already wrote, in close combat (especially if target is at point blank) missiles tend to "circle" around the target, not hitting it - if i got the time, i can make a short video of it

Dexter

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:06 am

Hello guys :)

So lets talk about missiles for a while :mrgreen:

- if your ship got wrecked ingame, all missiles fired from your ship on the target instantly disappear

We consider it to be a bug, it will be fixed eventualy.

missiles tend to "circle" around the target, not hitting it

All missiles have their turning rate, it is a equivalent of turning limits of cannons for gauss or laser. So what you see is for now intended behaviour. To be able to use missile with maximum efficiency you need to know when and in what direction you can shoot. We may adjust that turning rate or change the behaviour on feedback, for now i dont see reason for it.
We want missiles to have a skill aspect, without it they will be booring to play with and against.

1 more problem with missiles if i shot 10 missiles after 2-3 sec some1 use EM Wave all missiles disappear

That should be only a visual glith, i dont think that missiles really disappear. Please prove me wrong :mrgreen:

Macragge

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 pm

point 1: accepted

point 2: my ship fires missiles vertically, so if the missile turns around, it should hit the target from above - instead, it starts orbiting on the (quite small) ship (vertically) - i dont think, gravity is so high there lol. just made a video of it, its crappy quality but i guess you will get the point https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiZEV6TYNimHk9w0FaoJS2EEGO4kog

...but basically you are right, regarding turn rates and stuff. is there an suggestion about optimal range to target?

(anyway, its really unlikely that you fight a target at this small range which is not moving)

nizzde

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:50 pm

All missiles have their turning rate, it is a equivalent of turning limits of cannons for gauss or laser. So what you see is for now intended behaviour. To be able to use missile with maximum efficiency you need to know when and in what direction you can shoot. We may adjust that turning rate or change the behaviour on feedback, for now i dont see reason for it.
We want missiles to have a skill aspect, without it they will be booring to play with and against.

Missiles Attack speed 6.0 Time ti hit target 2 DAYS i have missiles lvl 9 15k HP at frigate shot over 20 missiles 2 maybe hit because Frigate faster than missiles and 50 % Missiles miss target .If Frigate stay on same place i will shot 12 missiles 3 will hit or Frigate will run
With others weapon u target shot and hit

You say :We want missiles to have a skill aspect, without it they will be booring to play with and against.

nizzde

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:03 pm

[quote="Dexter"]Hello guys :)

So lets talk about missiles for a while :mrgreen:

[

R we talking about the same game???

90% Missiles miss Frigate , pls tell me what skills player must have for missiles

Trigary

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Question:
nizzde wrote:90% Missiles miss Frigate , pls tell me what skills player must have for missiles

Answer:
Dexter wrote:To be able to use missile with maximum efficiency you need to know when and in what direction you can shoot.

If the missiles would always hit the target, you would call it a noob weapon, because the only thing you have to do is move your cursor on the enemy. Please calm down, he said they might increase the turning speed and please also use the BBcode marks correctly.

Dexter

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 pm

nizzde i value your opinion. You are in a way correct in what you say. But how to change missiles if to change them at all needs to be discussed more. So if you have ideas how to make them not too strong, not too weak, easy to understand, fun to play with, fun to play aganst then just let us know :mrgreen:

Tomcat86

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:16 am

I have to agree with the missles not working very good. They tend to even miss stationary targets when they are in range. I suggest a longer missle lifetime and slightly better missle turn radius. Currently missles are not a very good weapon.
These signatures are annoying...

Return to “Bugs Report”