Methanoid

Re: Missile not work good

Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 am

The "Skill" aspect Dex mentions is the combination of Swarm and Cruise, cruise missiles circle around bigtime at close range and while swarm missiles also do it, they do it to a far far far lesser extent, equipping both missile types would cure a lot of problems for people who only pack cruise and cant hit targets that are hugging their face.

having your missiles facing up to 3 or more different directions also helps.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Tomcat86

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 am

Yeah I understand that, but even at distance missles tend to miss too often, at close range they are pretty much pointless. Rockets are better for close range no doubt but you shouldnt have to be pigeon toed into using and upgrading two separate weapons, when missles themselves do not even mention they cannot legitimately fire at anything inside of 1200m
These signatures are annoying...

Methanoid

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Tomcat86 wrote:Yeah I understand that, but even at distance missles tend to miss too often, at close range they are pretty much pointless. Rockets are better for close range no doubt but you shouldnt have to be pigeon toed into using and upgrading two separate weapons, when missles themselves do not even mention they cannot legitimately fire at anything inside of 1200m

its simple rock, paper, scissors at work, nothing should dominate at everything with no weaknesses otherwise we would all just equip cruise and leave it at that, sometimes something has to be sacrificed in order to get the results you want.

In my case i recently started using rockets, their downside ofc being their low range, to make up for that i use a battleship which gimps a battleships typical setup in order to go faster so i can get into close range, had i just equipped cruise and stayed at long range i could have made a bigger/tankier ship that lasted far longer and had very few worries, if that monster could also wreck ships at close range then im not sure why you would need any other ship class other than battleships.

If you do get caught close range, and your packed for long range then the best i could suggest is to hug teammates that could handle the close range threats for you. (if such useful teammates exist)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Zerplin

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Methanoid wrote:
Tomcat86 wrote:Yeah I understand that, but even at distance missles tend to miss too often, at close range they are pretty much pointless. Rockets are better for close range no doubt but you shouldnt have to be pigeon toed into using and upgrading two separate weapons, when missles themselves do not even mention they cannot legitimately fire at anything inside of 1200m

its simple rock, paper, scissors at work, nothing should dominate at everything with no weaknesses otherwise we would all just equip cruise and leave it at that, sometimes something has to be sacrificed in order to get the results you want.

In my case i recently started using rockets, their downside ofc being their low range, to make up for that i use a battleship which gimps a battleships typical setup in order to go faster so i can get into close range, had i just equipped cruise and stayed at long range i could have made a bigger/tankier ship that lasted far longer and had very few worries, if that monster could also wreck ships at close range then im not sure why you would need any other ship class other than battleships.

If you do get caught close range, and your packed for long range then the best i could suggest is to hug teammates that could handle the close range threats for you. (if such useful teammates exist)

Methanoid \o/ i miss you so much :D

TerryTheTurtle

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:46 am

Missiles tend to Miss to even on stationary targets often they don't lock on. i haven't noticed a lock on indicator so i have no idea if there locked on my target ATM im dumb firing 90% of the time. fix this as all other weapons are currently better very angry with this. on a side add more customization to the missiles so speed to turn rate ratios if its faster it cant turn as well if its slow it turns better easier a nice little way to balance them

SomeGuyWithARock

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:01 am

What I don't get is that when I train on a ship and keep the "diamond" locked on, even on forward facing missiles, they almost never hit the darn targets.

Victorious Tortoise

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:34 pm

I "think" everyone is missing the point. I could be wrong.

- Missiles turn at a fixed maximum rate.

So even if the enemy is STOPPED, and you fire your missiles at the wrong angle, they will overshoot the enemy and (if the ship is too small) continue to keep circling.

Play the practice mode, and try shooting one of those ships. Try firing dead-on. Try firing at 10 degrees off-center. 20, 30, 40, etc.

If dead-on works, and certain degree increment works, then you have exactly the system as intended.

If for some reason, they don't hit at all from ANY angles, or MOST angles, then the system likely needs to be tweaked.

Return to “Bugs Report”