Captain Bastard

Game/dev cheat on movement

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:16 pm

I build a cruiser. It travels at an acceptable speed, not fast, but it moves.
Later, after a few games, I notice that the ship is not moving half as fast as it was, in fact, hardly at all, like its in molasses.
I have not added any weight, the ship remains as I built it. I have added another thruster, and have upgraded thrusters TWICE, and still, it hardly moves at all.

This is wrong. It is unacceptable. In the end I really don't care what the reason will be, it is just plain wrong.
This is the kind of thing that turns me away from a game. I have spent real U.S. Dollar on this game, and I will not spend any more until this issue is resolved. There is no reasonable cause that I can see for this.
I can understand game balance, putting me in with a mojority of people I have no chance against for some form of challenge.
But this, however it is done, and for whatever excuse, is effectively rigging the game!
I will not tolerate any more of this and want this dealt with and fixed.

subwoofer.84

Re: Game/dev cheat on movement

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:09 am

Weird, i'd like to help understand what is happening, this never happend to me and i see nobody else talking about such a bug.
You should do some tests, like max speed tests in training games with different classes or adding/removing armors
For what you described to me there are more possibilities :

- Match start & respawns gives a speed boost for around 10 seconds i believe you noticed it, if not then that's the reason.
- You said you have the same ship as at begin, but did you, by any chance, replaced some hull blocks with armor blocks, or covered some with flat armors ? armors are heavy weight and slow down ships as hell !
- When under attack, if the enemy shoots out your thrusters then obviously you loose thrust
- If none of the previous possibilities have any sense for you it can be that your game files have been corrupted/modified in some way, try to reinstall it.

Then if it's really a game bug more players will surely point it out, don't you think ?

VERTi60

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Pics/stats of the ship please?

Captain Bastard

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Doesn't matter at this point.
The difference was obvious, with no changes being made to ship.
Since then, I had to sacrifiee to add engines, and have progressed since then anyway, so stats would no longer apply.

Return to “Bugs Report”