Absinthesize

honestly just want to play at max level

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:50 pm

You can tell me to spend more money or to keep grinding or that the journey is part of the fun. its all well and good. But that is literally all I want. To play at max level. the grind is too great for me.

ill keep tabs on the game to see if it ever changes this.

EnolaGay

Re: honestly just want to play at max level

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 pm

so you want something without working for it or learning how to quickly achieve said goal? Let us equate your statement with a real world equivalent: "I want a million dollars...I don't want to work for it, I don't even want to buy lottery tickets to get it. Someone just give it to me because I want it."

You've given no constructive feedback or criticism to the devs or the community in which to help you. What have you tried to make leveling faster? Redeemed any promo codes for free whiskey and pilot licenses? Joined a party with same or higher level players to improve your odds of winning? Asked anyone how you can improve your build or completely change your class in order to maximize your damage output per match?

Absinthesize

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

EnolaGay wrote:so you want something without working for it or learning how to quickly achieve said goal? Let us equate your statement with a real world equivalent: "I want a million dollars...I don't want to work for it, I don't even want to buy lottery tickets to get it. Someone just give it to me because I want it."

You've given no constructive feedback or criticism to the devs or the community in which to help you. What have you tried to make leveling faster? Redeemed any promo codes for free whiskey and pilot licenses? Joined a party with same or higher level players to improve your odds of winning? Asked anyone how you can improve your build or completely change your class in order to maximize your damage output per match?

7 things

1-this is not real life, and it should not try to be. If i wanted to play real life ill go for a hike, thats fine.

2-the game is not fun at lower levels when you feel arbtrarily restricted in your build designs, most notably in AP but also CPU. This is probably more noticeable to myself then new players as I was originally in alpha where we were given a higher base level to play with. Playing these lesser levels feel like punishment to me.

3-the grind is all too real, managed to get 14-15 last week after taking a long break, i wanted to gouge my eyes out on just that one level. I have played games with long level times, played many MMO's as well...but those games have story,. and in general a lot more to do so its more about the journey. a arena based pvp game=/= that and should not be made similar in progression.

4-I have given constructive feedback about the leveling speed multiple times.

5-making a team makes little sense as all i get are bot matches anyways, easy wins.

6-I have invested 25 levels (10 rookie 15 frigate) into frigate plus lots of research currency into parts for them...i may try destroyer eventually as its the only two ships i ever enjoyed. But i have no interest in REGRINDING.

7-I am not looking for your validation

suli

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Just give it time, when devs make more game modes and more things what you can do in game and more people come to play than it will be more fun to play on lower lvl too. For now you can just wait, farm lvls and hope one time it will be really good game :)

Absinthesize

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 pm

suli wrote:Just give it time, when devs make more game modes and more things what you can do in game and more people come to play than it will be more fun to play on lower lvl too. For now you can just wait, farm lvls and hope one time it will be really good game :)

i have zero interest in grinding levels to get to the point where i can enjoy the game. especially with how rediculous the grind currently is.

i also have no interest in other game modes. im in it to pvp thats it.

Negz

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm

:D and I have long said that it was fun at lower levels.
Now too, but for other reasons (rivals just bots only)
Lvl 30, players are few.

(PS: Adding a purchase option would be good, probably)

VERTi60

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Absinthesize wrote:
suli wrote:Just give it time, when devs make more game modes and more things what you can do in game and more people come to play than it will be more fun to play on lower lvl too. For now you can just wait, farm lvls and hope one time it will be really good game :)

i have zero interest in grinding levels to get to the point where i can enjoy the game. especially with how rediculous the grind currently is.

Well for one, grinding now is super easy with all the junkbots that are just flying EXP.
(Back in my day) players used to wait rather a long time to get into a balanced match with enough of players they could play with, and you were not guaranteed a victory for multiple reasons, which most of them you could not even influence by yourself.

And yea the new game mode might play a lot different, we don't know yet if for better or worse grinding wise. But right now the game is easier than ever when it comes to grinding (most of the time the only time you lose a match with no kills is if you game crash).

Negz wrote::D and I have long said that it was fun at lower levels.
Lvl 30, players are few.

Sorry but no pay 2 win/skip features ;D

Absinthesize

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 pm

VERTi60 wrote:
Absinthesize wrote:

Well for one, grinding now is super easy with all the junkbots that are just flying EXP.
(Back in my day) players used to wait rather a long time to get into a balanced match with enough of players they could play with, and you were not guaranteed a victory for multiple reasons, which most of them you could not even influence by yourself.

And yea the new game mode might play a lot different, we don't know yet if for better or worse grinding wise. But right now the game is easier than ever when it comes to grinding (most of the time the only time you lose a match with no kills is if you game crash).

Negz wrote::D and I have long said that it was fun at lower levels.
Lvl 30, players are few.

Sorry but no pay 2 win/skip features ;D

due to Cd's and frailty of frigates i managed 8-12 kills a game vs bots.

it still gives me abysmal XP gain.

so few level 30's because everyone got sick of grinding low level stuff.

edit: anyways i really hope devs push for the changes to leveling. the game can be fun. but not at level 15.

Captain Palmer

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 am

Even as a level 30, the number of matches where I am up against all bots is typically 65 to 75%. (I accept that when I play, not many high level players are online, as I haven't seen anyone on my friends list now for weeks)

Outside of these games usually I am up against a single other human, but due to the way the scoring system works, when I go up against all bots or 1 other human my ship score is typically 120 compared the to 240 I was seeing before bots were introduced.

8 to 10 kills per game, is now the norm for whoever comes out as a highest kills in a match, sometimes I see (or get) 12 to 14, but this is now much rarer.

So typically you should be picking up around 1000 xp points per match, if you want to avoid the grind slightly, the only option is a pilots license to double your scores.

Absinthesize

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Captain Palmer wrote:Even as a level 30, the number of matches where I am up against all bots is typically 65 to 75%. (I accept that when I play, not many high level players are online, as I haven't seen anyone on my friends list now for weeks)

Outside of these games usually I am up against a single other human, but due to the way the scoring system works, when I go up against all bots or 1 other human my ship score is typically 120 compared the to 240 I was seeing before bots were introduced.

8 to 10 kills per game, is now the norm for whoever comes out as a highest kills in a match, sometimes I see (or get) 12 to 14, but this is now much rarer.

So typically you should be picking up around 1000 xp points per match, if you want to avoid the grind slightly, the only option is a pilots license to double your scores.

i get 12-1500 xp.

with the extremely small playerbase, I am worried the game will die before it even releases officially (as i assume its in beta still)

dont want to spend money on a game to level faster when i primarily just fight bots.

are the devs making enough money to keep this going? i love the concept and artstyle. But ive had games ive enjoyed before die...

Return to “General Talk”