gajxo

Patch 0.1.1152 - Introducing JunkBots

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 am

Hey there Galactic Captains!

We’re here with another exciting patch. This time the major change is the addition of bots into matches. There are also some balance changes and bugfixes.

Bots
  • JunkBots have been added to complement matchmaking matches.
  • We have created several skill profiles for bots to create an adequate challenge for both early and late-game players. The skill and ship power rating of bots is determined based on the average power rating of human-controlled ships in a match.
  • Matchmaking waiting times have been lowered for players across all levels, most significantly for new Rookie ship players, who will get a match almost immediately. For late-game players waiting times have also been reduced, while still leaving time for enough human players to assemble. The basic rule is this: The higher the level of a ship, the longer the waiting time and the higher the proportion of human players in a match.
  • In this first version, bots are able to move across the map, find cover and engage against other ships with all types of weapons. Currently they are unable to use active abilities. They will also use self-destruct, when their ship is too damaged.
  • Bots use a variety of ships made by the team. If you would like to volunteer your ship to be used as a bot, write your player ID and the ship name into the comments. Currently the bots work best with ships with a balanced energy system and passive abilities.

The addition of bots to the game serves two purposes. First it should give new players quick and balanced matches so that they have enough time to learn and get through the early levels, before facing off against highly skilled opponents. Second they serve as ‘filler’ enemies for mid- and late-game matches. While we are quite satisfied with the early game bots, we understand they will require more tweaking for late game matches (such as being able to use abilities). Please, let us know, what are your impressions!

Balance
  • Tactical Swap charge time has been raised to 6 sec from 3 for all levels. The cooldown remains at 35 s.
  • Magnetic Cannon’s projectile diameter has been decreased from 300 m to 200 m. Max range at lvl 10 has been lowered to 4000 m down from 5000 m, the range at lvl 0 (3500 m) stays the same. This has been done so that there is a narrow range gap for snipers, where they can’t be reached by this ability. The decreased diameter should allow fast ships to avoid being hit some of the time. Note: There is a known issue, that the tooltip does not display the correct range.

For the following patches we’re preparing more balance changes, which will entail functional changes to some abilities (i.e the max damage cap for Plasma Ball). There will also be other balance changes to adjust the game to the requirements of the new game mode. These will be announced before the release, so that we may get your feedback.[/list]

Polish / Bugfixes
  • Tooltips have been added for the Profile, Daily quest and Friend buttons in the hangar.
  • Fixed a bug, that caused some abilities to not initialize for a match (the 3D model was on the ship, but the icon was missing and the ability could not be used)

That’s it for this patch. Let us know, what you think of the bots - their skill, ships, names anything. If you’d like to volunteer some of your ships to be used as bots, write your player ID and shipname in the comments.

One more thing. In the following weeks we will be releasing more details about upcoming features such as the new game mode, so stay tuned!

Fireproof

Re: Patch 0.1.1152 - Introducing JunkBots

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
1.bekommt man als passiven bots exp?
2. bots gefallen mir nicht, man spielt weil es ein Spiel ist.
3. Mir würde es gefallen wenn es innerhalb des spiels bestimmte Countdowns oder Orte gibt, wobei das Team verbessert (aufrüsten) wird
4. Bots geben keine Likes

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Fireproof

Ansi

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

gajxo wrote:[*] Tactical Swap charge time has been raised to 6 sec from 3 for all levels. The cooldown remains at 35 s.

Not even a little advantage when someone wasted so much junk on it ? And 6 seconds is too much. We asked for 5 at last on level 10 not this bullshit.
But whatever i will just switch to engine overload and forget about some kind of team play as frigate...

Gaz_Zy

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Please remove the bots. It is so boring. Like only 1 or 2 real players! :roll:

Just unlock all the ship classes for the new players and give them/us all a free cruiser to start the game. Don't waist time waiting for the next big update. The player base will be long gone by then :(

Just keep the rookie ship and tutorial as is, but just include the cruiser in the first ships when you start playing the game and give one to all current players too.

Get this sorted by tonight, and maybe this mess can be cleared up. I'd hate to see this great game go to waste over something silly like this.

Also,.. you just need to encourage all the players to promote this game more. The negative reviews are only because of new players getting owned so much. So just give new player/everybody access to all classes of ships and add a cruiser to their/our default ship inventory.

Captain Palmer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Player ID: 5794

Ship Name: Yellow Peril 1

An evolution of a previous destroyer painted yellow as its not a colour I use.

Let me know your thoughts

Regards

CP

PigGamera

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:21 am

Player ID: 167547
Ship Name: KingKong

suli

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:35 am

I want to give feedback to matchmaking...
A lot of time i see matches there is one players on blue side (me), 2-3 players on red side and other places filled up with bots, its really predictable who win, always side with more players.
I hope it work something like, make a game with only players 1vs1 2vs2 or 4vs4 and fill up other free spaces with bots, if its 1vs1 fill it up to 4vs4 if its 4vs4 fill it up to 8vs8, we dont need always 8vs8 matches. Because now its only farming of junk/exp with HLaser DD, not normal matches. :cry:
And please change this name of bots to something like Sulibot, Artibot, ...or bot1, bot2, ...so that we know thats a bot :)

Ansi

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm

suli wrote:And please change this name of bots to something like Sulibot, Artibot, ...or bot1, bot2, ...so that we know thats a bot :)

Noooo I like to hide between bots with my bot ship :D

Return to “Changelog”